Despite the qualitative increase in the jobs in the private sector, even today, government jobs have been the career choice for the youth of this age. Good salary and allowances, social prestige and pride etc. have all attracted the youth of today to the government sector, even if it is not suitable for small ranks in many circumstances.
However, there are many good and honorable opportunities in the small ranks, which students can apply after passing the 12th exam.
Many government agencies and departments, such as defense, banking, railway and police, provide good job opportunities, in which job satisfaction, bright future and good opportunities for advancement are available.
With more than 1.3 million employees, the Indian Armed Forces are the world’s third largest army and the world’s largest voluntary army. In addition, this is the world’s eighth largest employer in terms of commercial or utility employer.
When it comes to government jobs, Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force are included in the Indian Armed Forces, who have always been the most preferred career option for the candidates.
Students who want to go to the defense sector and want to serve the country, get a chance to join the National Defense Academy exam conducted by the UPSC at the beginning of the career.
Candidates who have passed the 12th/ 10+2 examinations can sit in the NDA examination and if selected, they are given the opportunity to go to the respective Armed Forces on the basis of their merit.
• Indian Army ‘s for NDA examination of qualifications : Candidates who wish to go into the Army must pass the test 10 + 2.
• Indian Air Force / Indian Nine Army and for NDA examination of qualifications : IAF / candidates with the desire to go into the Navy must pass 10+2 examination with physics and math subjects.
Staff Selection Commission ( SSC )
The Staff Selection Commission is an organization of the Central Government, which works for the recruitment process for different posts in various departments of Government. SSC organizes various examinations under its annual recruitment, which includes: –
• SSC CHSL Exam : SSC United Higher Secondary Level Examination is one of the most popular exams. Through this examination, various departments of the government are recruited for the posts of lower division clerk and data entry operator.
• SSC MTS Exam : SSC Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Examination is organized for the recruitment of assistant employees in different departments of the government.
• SSC Stenographer (Grade C and Grade D) Examination : SSC organizes this examination for recruitment of group C and Group D level stenographer employees in different departments of Central Government. There should be proficiency in stenography along with 12th pass for this examination.
Due to the number of approximately 14 lakh employees, Indian Railways is the world’s largest employer. When it comes to government job opportunities for the minimum qualification of 12th, there are many good opportunities in Indian Railways.
Candidates seeking an opportunity to go to Indian Railways can sit in the examinations conducted by various railway recruitment boards.
Typically, 12th pass candidates get the opportunity to go to the posts of Railway Group Group and Group D, such as assistant loco pilot, station master, ticket collector, helper and office assistant.
State government ‘s departments in opportunity
State level government and recruitment boards in various states conduct recruitment examinations from time to time for the youth, who are selected for low-rank positions in various departments of the respective state.
These posts include many different clerical as well as technical posts, such as fireman, mechanic, mechanist, cameraman, technician, driver, welfare organizer, assistant, telephone operator and others.